Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome!!!!

Hey! friends... my name is Jatnna Medina, I am a current student in LaGuardia Community College and  this blog is for my english 101 class, and it is dedicated to food ethics. I've been raised in the United States but Im dominican, so I am familiar with diverse food.

Thanks to my mom i know how to cook from rice and beans to mangu and salami, thankfully there's a spanish supermarket near my house that has most of the spanish products which makes it easy for me to cook. But, that doesn't mean I only eat spanish food, I love Italian food, even more than Dominican I'll have to say, pasta and zeppole are my favorites. I also like to try food from others cultures, so far, I've had japanese, indian, korean, and south american food, delicious. Honestly, I sometimes refuse to try specific plates because I really have no idea what it could be made of and I rather not taste it until I know, which I think its a normal reaction.

But, do we really know where does our daily food comes from? I mean, Have you ever ask yourself if what you been eating is really good for you? not really... this is because who can resist  a delicious-good looking bacon, egg and cheese sandwich?... Tempting right? But there's more than just the flavor, we need to keep in mind that we are what we eat, and what we eat, is not always the healthiest choice.        

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jatnna. I enjoyed your post.

    I also like to try different foods from different cultures but I haven't gotten around to all the cultures you mentioned. Dominican food is awesome though, but unlike you, I think it's better than Italian food... just because I'm not a big fan of tomato sauce.

    I'm Colombian and our foods aren't too different but we do have some distinct ways of preparing meals...

    I hope you keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jatnna
    It's hard to be in my house and see everyone eating meat because I am mixed with 3 different types of Hispanic and thats all they eat but I manage. As for my brother he swears he's the man because now he doesn't have to worry about fighting with me for the biggest piece.

    In your blog you said you love to try different types of food. I'm the same way I love to go to different areas in NY or when I'm on vacation and try their food. I think it's better than always eating the same thing. I love Japanese food, the variety of sushi is crazy I feel like I'm in pescatarian heaven lol. I read that you dont try plates without knowing what it's made of first, I was the same way but sometimes you just have to try it because it could be the nastiest ingredients but can taste totally opposite from what you think.

    ReplyDelete