Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Craving for Wendy's

The name of my neighbor is Robert; he’s tall and skinny, to everyone’s surprise, because he either eats greasy-take out food, or makes himself a frozen meal everyday. As soon as he saw me walking in my porch he asked me to walk with him to Wendy’s, I was tired from my one and a half hour trip from college so I was going to say no, but, he asked me again with his child-alike sweet and soft voice and I just couldn’t say no. While we were walking through the narrow streets of my block, he was very excited; I believed he hadn't eaten Wendy's in a long time. When we finally arrived, the first thing I noticed was the parking lot, on which a family was getting rapidly off their cars, the parents and 2 kids, a boy and a girl, they looked 3 and 6 respectively, I knew the kids were happy, I could see their smiles in their faces and hear their laughter, screaming; “Yayy Wendy’s thank you mom!!”. On our way in, a group of teenagers opened the door for us; they still had their backpacks with them, they probably went there when classes were over.

As soon as we entered the restaurant the greasy smell of the fries climbed up our noses as a "welcome symbol". My neighbor formed the line immediately, because as he was deciding what to order the lines were getting longer at an incredible speed. But the line did not last long, because the employees were very fast, they’re so used to this that it comes almost naturally and with years of practice; taking orders, paying, packing the pre-cooked food in their bags and giving the food to the customers, the whole process took about 10 minutes. Robert picked up his well-organize tray and we headed to the table, stopping before on the condiment stand so he could take his precious ketchup and salt for the fries, and we headed our way to the table. While he was un-wrapping his food, I was looking around, trying to examine people, which were having a natural behavior talking with their companions while eating and drinking their upsized drinks. My friend was happy saying that the "baconator" was a "delicious-incredible-meal", which he devoured in 15 minutes. We talked for a bit but it looked like it was going to rain again so we decided to head home right away. When we got home he thanked me for going with him and as I said welcome it started drizzling. And I as entered home I was wondering in my head what should I eat now?

No comments:

Post a Comment