Monday, October 11, 2010

What we see, is not really what it is....

Around the world, people are daily consuming fast food. They have various motives, to please each ones necessities, but, as I went through research I realized that advertising is also a very influential factor in persuading the consumers to buy them. Different cultures, ways and techniques, but they all have the same focus, making the product, or the company, look good. This is the reason why, my theme project for the next weeks, will be analyzing fast food restaurants advertisement. I will describe how fast food commercials have change and advanced through years, sending messages to families that are beneficial to the company’s image, but are not exactly the truth.

We live surrounded by ads. In my way to school, I always look at the dollar menu posters, pasted on the buses sides, on the subway walls and inside the trains, without mentioning the countless times fast food restaurants commercials are aired on TV everyday, which in comparison with old ads, have change in many ways, but have kept the persuasive idea of “you will love this food”. That is why I found myself interested in fast food ads, they have become part of what we see, hear and live with, but, there is more behind the ads the companies present us.

In my project, I hope to inspire the readers by encouraging them to not just eat the food they are “happily” presented by ads. I would like to make my readers analyze the content of the food before they consume it, keeping in mind that commercials show the “good” and beneficial side of their products, but never the consequences of the consumption.   

8 comments:

  1. I agree with you, we are constantly surrounded by fast food ads. They show ads for fast food so much that America thinks that fast food chains are regular restaurants. I look forward to seeing your weekly updates because I forgot what the fast food commericals used to be like, and I am curious to see how much they have changed over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find your blog project pretty interesting. Nobody really cares of what they see while passing an ad, but subconsciously our mind has it at the back our brain. And then the next time we pass these fast food restaurants, we end up buying exactly what was advertised, without even thinking. The eye-opening blog of yours would be really helpful to everyone and will convey a strong message against these fast food chains. Now a days these fast food chains mostly rely on advertisement of some sort. You getting to the bottom of their mischievously misleading advertisement would be fun. I will be a constant whole hearted follower of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had originally sent you a comment but for some reason it got deleted but anyway check this link out, it may help out you out.

    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://naturalnews.com/Images/Cola-Earlier.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.naturalnews.com/028433_soda_infant_health.html&usg=__228ZLCPcxqDX3LG1-o_56M2MWoc=&h=764&w=606&sz=48&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=paDfmc3jnAwq1M:&tbnh=102&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcoca%2Bcola%2Badvertisement%2Bfor%2Bbabies%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1004%26bih%3D583%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=93&ei=zkq3TP9BzJScB6iLiY8I&oei=zkq3TP9BzJScB6iLiY8I&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:0&tx=58&ty=71

    ReplyDelete
  4. MT; Believe me, they have change a lot!!!! And you will be surprise with the variety of ads I've found around the world.

    Sumaiya; Thanks, I assure you, you will want to keep reading my analized commercial posts and watching links to videos with second-thought messages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jesus!!! This picture IS really helpfull... THANKS!!! This is exactly what I'm trying to investigate ads reflected in society.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your welcome. I thought it would help since diabetes and obesity seem to be a major threat in today's society, then again you wonder where all of these issues begin. Good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great that you already found so much information on your topic. Please post up the different ads so I can see the difference for myself, I am intrigued!

    ReplyDelete